$16,000 Raised in 2015 for Emma’s Acres Project!
A huge THANK YOU to all of those who helped us raise $16,000 for the Emma’s Acres ‘Water by the Foot’ irrigation system project!
Your generosity made it possible for us to bring water from across the road to the property, and to install the drip irrigation system on 5 acres of land and in the greenhouse.
THANK YOU for your generous support!!
L.I.N.C. is an organization that works with all people impacted by the criminal justice system. Public safety is the reason why we do what we do. L.I.N.C. believes in and is committed to the following principles:
- That every person within society has a fundamental right to be safe and secure,
- That everyone is part of the reintegration process where all people have an inherent value and dignity,
- That the positive contribution of every person can have a meaningful impact on the spirit of justice, and on the sense of well being, within the community,
- That hope for the future lies in the potential of every individual to change, and in the willingness of others to support and encourage that change.
We believe that a personal sense of value can be restored to victims and offenders by giving offenders the opportunity to pay back to society and victims for the harm caused. In order for offenders to change their behaviour they must be accountable for what they have done to their victims, their families and the community.
We believe by focusing on healing for victims, offenders are also assisted in a positive way.
Supporting victims of crime has become an integral part of the work that L.I.N.C. does. This has evolved over the years to where we now provide direct service to victims through our:
- Outreach Worker for survivors of serious crime
- Funding and organizing victim centered community events
- Victim peer support groups
- Assisting victims to attend conferences and workshops
- Funding provided by our agricultural social enterprise Emma’s Acres
Thank you to our generous sponsors, shown below, who make our work possible!